Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Between Barack and a Hard Place"

Personally this video was so boring for me. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture but i feel like who cares. I know that Obama becoming president doesn't fix Americas issues, but lets face it he won because enough people did like him and that's what counts. I find it dumb to split racism into groups such as racism 1.0 and 2.0. To me its all the same and Obama is the president were stuck with him for the next 4 years so quit the complaining.
Overall i didn't like this video blog because i would much rather have the material to look back on a and highlight and with this video I'm already drawing blanks as to what the point it.
However when it comes to brown vs. Board of Education I think that Tim would say that we haven't really come all that far. This case was a huge step towards helping our society and it was 50 years ago now that Obama is president Tim is saying we still have a lot of work to do. So basically i feel like Tim is saying we haven't really gotten that far but however we are in the right step. I have to agree that we are moving ahead but honestly i still feel like blacks are looked at differently which is sad to say.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Obama won the election because people wanted him to win. But, I also feel that some of the racist people who liked Obama politically more than McCain, decided to make a comprise, being that Obama is not fully black, when voting. That is one of the things Tim was trying to explain. Racism 1.0 is old school bias; discriminating against another race. Racism 2.0 is when a person deals or feels comfortable with another who is multi-racial (mixed races). Tim feels that racism 2.0 got the best of this election and that 1.0 was defeated - but who knows if it will be defeated all the time.

    ReplyDelete