Monday, April 5, 2010

Gender& Education

When you type this in on google just about a million search results come up. But why when i clicked on a few was the information so vague? This topic doesn't seem to have hard facts from what I found. All I seem to get is how according to statistics girls do better in school. I feel the information i looked at was completely biased towards girls saying girls are smarted and get better grades compared to boys. I though this was really degrading to boys because i know plenty of very smart boys. I think the problem is gender and education is such a broad topic that its hard to be specific about what this can mean. These two words separate have a ton of information on them so when they are binded together it seems like people are confused. The information i found wasn't from 2010 either. I came across studies from the 90's.
I'm not sure if i really understand what our assignment is. Honestly all i got out of browsing the Internet was girls do better.

Here is a video that helps to support why girls tend to do better in school.

1 comment:

  1. I encountered the same problem. Most of the information is about other countries or higher education. The only good article that I found also mentioned that girls tend to do better in school

    ReplyDelete